Monday, January 30, 2012

ABBY - UP CLOSE AND FURSONAL


Has a dog ever come into your home and life that you weren't exactly thrilled about at first?  Maybe your significant other or one of your kids brought the pup home.  A dog wasn't in the plan, especially not "that" dog.  I can tell you - that's happened more than once in our house! 



But, then, in spite of your "plans" or desires, you fell madly in love with "that" dog and couldn't imagine life without her (or him)!  Sound familiar?  Well, that's what happened with Abby - one of our April Calendar Pitties!




Abby's Mom tells the story of Abby the Precious Pit, as she's now known -


She was adopted from the local APA.  My son brought her home and I wasn't too happy, I even had a few anxiety attacks.  After months of trying to find her another home, I decided to go to "school" with her. 






We had the best trainer and I learned how to handle the energy of a pit bull puppy.  Now, you couldn't get me to give her up for anything.  I've even told my kids that when they move out, they will not take her.  She's sweet, loving and I think the most beautiful girl ever! 





We tell her every day that she has the "prettiest face" (if you look at her, her freckled nose is heart shaped). 






WE LOVE OUR PRECIOUS PIT BULL . . .


Thanks Abby for participating in our Pit Bull Frogs Calendar Project!  You and your adorable heart-shaped nose are helping us raise money to improve the lives of Pit Bulls everywhere!



3 comments:

  1. Had that happen to me too just once.
    Late Hubby brought home a Bull Mastiff.
    All I could say was "The neighbors are going
    to have a fit. Best dog we ever had, even the neighbors loved him.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, wot a pawsome story! That put a smile on my snooter today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete